DevOps is a set of practices that combines software development (Dev) and IT operations (Ops). It aims to shorten the systems development life cycle and provide continuous delivery with high software quality.
DevOps is complementary with Agile software development; several DevOps aspects came from the Agile methodology.
DevOps toolchains are expected to fit into one or more of the following categories, reflective of key aspects of the development and delivery process:
Best DevOps Tools:
- Git is a free, open-source distributed version control system tool.
- It is designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
B. Bit Bucket
- Bitbucket is the Git repository management solution designed for professional teams.
- It gives a central place to manage git repositories, collaborate on the source code and guide through the development flow.
- Jenkins is an open-source automation tool with plugins built for continuous integration purposes.
- Jenkins is used to building and testing software projects continuously making it easier for developers to integrate changes to the project and making it easier for users to obtain a fresh build.
- Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool.
- Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project’s build, reporting, and documentation from a central piece of information.
- App Center is an Azure-based solution designed for managing and automating the development lifecycle for iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS apps.
- Developers can easily build in the cloud, test on thousands of real devices, distribute to beta users and app stores, and monitor their apps with real-time crash reports and advanced analytics.
- SonarQube (formerly Sonar) is an open-source platform that is used for continuous inspection of code quality to perform automatic reviews with static analysis of code to detect bugs, code smells, and security vulnerabilities.
- It is used for Code Assessment.
- Docker is a platform that packages an application and all its dependencies together in the form of containers.
- This containerization aspect ensures that the application works in any environment.
- Pivotal Tracker is a story-based project planning tool that takes its inspiration from agile software methods.
- In a nutshell, agile software is updated regularly with incremental tweaks instead of in one big update, with the idea of providing faster and more responsive software.
- This is used as an Issue Tracker.
- Zabbix is an open-source monitoring software tool for diverse IT components, including networks, servers, virtual machines (VMs), and cloud services.
- Zabbix provides monitoring metrics, such as network utilization, CPU load, and disk space consumption.
- The software monitors operations on Linux Hewlett Packard Unix (HP-UX), Mac OS X, Solaris, and other operating systems (OS); however, Windows monitoring is only possible through agents.
- Zabbix can be deployed for agent-based and agentless monitoring.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers PaaS (platform as a service), IaaS (infrastructure as a service), serverless computing.
Consult a Certified AWS Consulting partner For Free.