Recent Technology and Workplace safety – 2 sides of the same coin. Most enterprises are now using technology to save time and effort while ensuring workplace safety. Artificial intelligence and computer vision plays a major role in workplaces to ensure the safety of people and spaces.
Industries that primarily functions with manpower such as manufacturing, construction, energy, etc. are focusing and investing more in AI and Machine Learning technology to engage their workforce and more importantly, keep them safe.
Tremendous efforts are being taken by organizations to improve safety standards in the workplace and make sure the risks are minimized. To provide real-time notifications/warnings while employees are at risk, most companies are using Computer vision and AI technology.
As soon as the system detects a person/group of people to be under threat of getting injured (or) at risk, the technology alerts the work floor/operators in the case of an employee/group of people are detected near the machine. AI systems can monitor the level of maintenance, reducing the chance of breakdowns and accidents. This helps organizations to enhance workplace safety and minimize risks and damages.
According to Gartner, “The global computer vision market size was valued at USD 10.6 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.6% from 2020 to 2027.”
Fork-Lift Safety – Predict and Alert on Safe Distance for Persons
- We have built a Person detection system that can detect a person at more than 20 meters and can measure the distance of the person from the device with an accuracy of 1 foot.
- If the person is within a pre-defined distance from the embedded device that runs the person detector Vision Intelligence model, we trigger a buzzer to warn of an impending collision.
- This device is small and hand-held. It can be mounted on a fork-lift or other vehicles to prevent accidental human-machine collision due to blind spots or when the operator is distracted.
- We built this Vision Intelligence solution using the latest advances in training Neural Networks.
PPE Detection – Secure Detection of Personal Protective Equipment
- Vision Intelligence solutions use the latest innovation in Neural Networks that are trained with examples of pictures and videos of humans wearing safety gear just like a human brain.
- We have optimized these AI models with hardware acceleration running on an inexpensive embedded processor. This reduces the cost of ownership.
- Also, the video feed is not recorded or transmitted to any external hard drive for this device to work. This embedded computer will run the Vision Intelligence model in a stand-alone mode.
- The only external communication will be notification and reports to supervisors if configured to do so. This is designed with user privacy as an important design principle.
Data Labeling Service – Generate Accurate & High-Quality Labels
- Labeling training data acts as the first step in the machine learning development cycle under Computer Vision. We have developed a platform to generate accurate and high-quality labels using AI and ML models based on data collection.
- Consider we need to train a machine learning model to identify a specified category of objects from the collection of data. We would need to collect representation data samples which have to be classified and analysed along with a Machine Learning algorithm for handling each sample.
- Our Solution allows you to categorize any dataset (image/videos) along with tagging to customizable classification. We can make faster and accurate image segmentation to support specific use cases including instances, custom attributes, etc.
- We can also automate the identification process using tools such as box, polygon, point, and line to construct a predictable pattern of high-quality training data which trains ML-powered computer vision systems on finding or identifying objects in image and video data.
Healthcare – Manage Large Data Volumes and Reduce Costs
- We provide AI-assisted automated solutions to reduce medical errors and hospital-acquired infections.
- These systems monitor and enhance patient safety and assist patients seeking care after discharge.
- We build computer vision-based solutions that aid physicians in correctly diagnosing different conditions.
- This technology allows healthcare institutions to detect unsafe, prohibited, or distress actions and alert the respective personnel.
Our solution helps the healthcare industry with
- Reduce Medical Errors
- Reduce Hospital Acquired Infections
- Activity or Gesture Analysis
- Cognitive AI
Activity Recognition – Improve Safety Using Human Activity Recognition
Measure Productivity and Prevent Injury
We have developed a cutting-edge Vision Intelligence model and solution that can track and classify activities performed by humans.
This is trained with data of real-life activities like bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, etc.
These activities can be tabulated to measure employee productivity, chances of repetitive stress injury, etc.
Sign Language Recognition
We have a demo of a Vision Intelligence application that we trained to recognize American Sign Language (ASL) gestures and this AI model can be expanded to incorporate more Sign Languages.
Facial Recognition – Automated Visual Intelligence
- We have incorporated facial recognition for identity verification inside business processes like KYC (Know Your Client) typically used in finance and personal banking.
- We can build facial verification inside a mobile app or web portal. This Vision Intelligence model will work with any features or processes inside the banking and finance app that requires authentication.
- This facial recognition-based identity verification is more secure and tamper-proof than password or security question methods that are typically employed in such apps now.
- The Vision Intelligence model can be used in other industry verticals like insurance, logistics, transportation, and e-government related use cases where identity management is mandatory.