Cross-platform mobile development refers to the development of mobile apps that can be used on multiple mobile platforms. Cross-platform mobile development can either involve a company developing the original app on a native platform (which could be iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/RIM, etc.) or developing the original app in a singular environment for development that will then allow the app to be sent to many different native platforms.
Here are some of the most used cross-platform development tools that are used today in the development community:
React Native, Xamarin, Apache Cordova, Ionic, Adobe PhoneGap, Flutter etc.
Let’s continue with our list of Six solid reasons to choose React Native development for mobile apps.
- Cost Effective: Every new business wishes to reap faster returns to survive the highly-competitive market. For this purpose, it has to develop faster and even stay much longer. This is why a startup on its quest to build its mobile app should hire React Native developer, which will undoubtedly save both time and money for mobile app development.
- Lesser Usage of Memory: React Native is quite compatible with a variety of third-party plugins. Also, React Native tools offer much smoother run-time. It is a lucrative framework, studded with well-diversified modules that make third-party involvement much easier. Also, React Native for Android and iOS platforms utilize a much lesser amount of memory space since cross-bridge linking isn’t even required, as well as almost every code is used during the run-time.
- Flexible Approach: React Native framework has an interface with both iOS as well as Android, and also, a single code is quite enough to fix bugs and even develop it much more each day. Even though the operations are quite simple, it has been in the market for quite some time. Essentially, React Native mobile app development offers developers a platform where they can keep tabs on the entire memory spacing and also make the app more efficient. Therefore, with the same codes, developing on a mobile OS is an added feature.
- Perform Similar to a Native App: Primarily, the basic building blocks of a React Native app are compiled to their roots, which have native platforms. The entire WebView system components can be overlooked while utilizing hybrid app development. Also, all of the codes are comparable with React Native for Android and iOS. It functions quite efficient and also reacts faster to all of the conjunctions.
- Cross-Platform Support: React Native allows the companies to use the same code for the development of both iOS as well as Android applications. So, it offers the same actual performance outcome with no additional expenses. A company can design a mobile app for a business. However, the requirement of various languages like Swift, Java, C++, or any other language isn’t required. The only need is for an app developer who is well-versed with native UI libraries, APIs, and hybrid mobile app development.
Technology giants like Facebook, Instagram, Skype, Pinterest, and even one of the most innovative companies of our century, Tesla, have turned towards React Native mobile app development to develop their apps for both iOS and Android platforms.