- Data scraping is a technique in which a computer program extracts data from human-readable output coming from another program.
- Web scraping is a powerful data sourcing technique that leverages tools and frameworks to scrape data from the public domain.
- The scraped data can be aggregated and transformed into the meaning format and loaded into any database in a structured format.
- Web scraping can be done using custom programming or by leveraging many tools.
- Web scraping is a powerful data extraction mechanism that will accelerate your data journey to annotate them for better grouping, build a cognitive intelligence layer on top of it using AI & Machine Learning and leverage data visualization tools for better insights.
Top 5 Tools:
Import.io – Import.io enables any organization to gain intelligence, efficiencies, and competitive advantages from the vast amount of data on the web.
This web scraping tool helps you to form your datasets by importing the data from a specific web page and exporting the data to CSV. It is one of the best data scraping tools which allows you to Integrate data into applications using APIs and webhooks.
Saivi – Saivi is a comprehensive offering that covers end to end data-related services that can help you all the way from sourcing to visualization!
Saivi offers custom solutions in each of the 4 stages such as Data Scraping, Data Labelling, Data Visualization, and Leveraging Artificial intelligence & ML to accelerate your digital journey the realize the power of new oil (The Data).
ParseHub – ParseHub is a free and powerful web scraping tool. With their advanced web scraper, extracting data is as easy as clicking on the data you need.
Parsehub is also nice in that it provides desktop clients for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, so you can use them from your computer no matter what system you’re running.
Diffbot – Diffbot allows you to get various types of useful data from the web without the hassle. You don’t need to pay the expense of costly web scraping or doing manual research.
Diffbot is different from most page scraping tools out there in that it uses computer vision (instead of HTML parsing) to identify relevant information on a page.
Scrapy – Scrapy is a web scraping library for Python developers looking to build scalable web crawlers. It’s a full-on web crawling framework that handles all the plumbing that makes building web crawlers difficult.
Scrapy is an open-source and collaborative framework for extracting the data you need from websites.