- The Apache JMeter™ application is open-source software, a 100% pure Java application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance.
- It was originally designed for testing web Applications but has since expanded to other test functions.
- Apache JMeter may be used to test performance both on static and dynamic resources, Web dynamic applications.
- It can be used to simulate a heavy load on a server, group of servers, network or object to test its strength or to analyse overall performance under different load types.
Apache JMeter Features
- Ability to load and performance test many different applications/server/protocol types
- Full-featured Test IDE that allows fast Test Plan recording
- CLI mode to load test from any Java-compatible OS
- A complete and ready to present dynamic HTML report
- Easy correlation through the ability to extract data from most popular response formats, HTML, JSON, XML or any textual format
- Complete portability and 100% Java purity
- Full multithreading framework
- Caching and offline analysis/replaying of test results
Apache JMeter – Workflow
Apache JMeter – Application Areas
Apache JMeter – Top 5 Advantages