AI for Industrial Safety and Health
AI has the potential to revolutionize the way organizations approach industrial safety and health. By leveraging advanced algorithms and machine learning models, AI can help organizations detect safety hazards, predict equipment failures, reduce human error, enhance emergency response, optimize resource utilization, and make data-driven decisions. These capabilities can help organizations improve safety outcomes, reduce costs, and increase operational efficiency.
Leveraging artificial intelligence to prevent industrial accidents and health issues
- Predictive Maintenance
- Safety Monitoring
- Occupational Health Monitoring
- Process Optimization
- Risk Assessment
- AI can be used to predict when equipment is likely to fail, allowing for proactive maintenance before an accident occurs.
Automated compliance checking
- AI can be used to monitor the workplace for potential hazards, such as detecting gas leaks or identifying workers who are not wearing proper safety gear.
Occupational Health Monitoring
- AI can be used to monitor workers' health, such as detecting signs of fatigue or stress, to prevent accidents caused by human error.
- AI can be used to optimize industrial processes, such as reducing emissions or improving energy efficiency, to reduce the risk of accidents and improve overall health and safety.
- AI can be used to assess and analyze the risk of potential accident and work on mitigating it through the above-mentioned methods.
01. Safety hazards
Employees who are handling heavy objects are at a higher risk of injuries, such as back strains, sprains, and fractures, which can lead to increased workers’ compensation claims and potential liability for the company
02. Musculoskeletal injuries
Heavy lifting and repetitive motions can lead to musculoskeletal injuries such as strains and sprains.
03. Reduced productivity
When employees are handling heavy objects, it can lead to increased downtime due to injuries, which can reduce productivity and increase costs.
04. Repetitive motions
Repetitive motions such as twisting, bending or lifting can lead to injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, or sprains.
05. Lack of proper equipment
Without proper equipment such as lifting belts and carts, employees may be at risk of injury while transferring heavy objects.
Without proper training on how to properly lift and transfer heavy objects, employees may be at risk of injury.
How we helped start-up with our Preventive healthcare solution?
- For quite some time, Artificial intelligence has been popular in the healthcare sector.
- We assisted a startup in developing a mobile application with an AI technique that analyses human posture images and gives valuable insights concerning postures that heighten the risk of injury
- In case a worker tries to carry a heavy object with improper posture movement, the actual output score shows a risk of Musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) and sends a warning signal immediately in the mobile application.
- This solution uses the latest advances in Vision Intelligence and Human Pose estimation to automatically assess posture and generate RULA and REBA scores.
- This enables the HR and Health and Safety departments to assess the risk of repetitive stress injuries and take preventive measures.
- This app allows the users to take an image or a video of someone doing at their workstation/desk and immediately assess their posture and generate ergonomics scores to help prevent injuries.
- This platform is built with the latest advances in Pose Estimation models.
Early Detection of Safety Hazards
AI can detect safety hazards in real-time by analyzing data from various sensors and devices. This enables organizations to identify potential accidents before they occur and take preventive measures.
Reduced Human Error
Human error is a leading cause of industrial accidents. AI systems can automate routine tasks and monitor employees for safety compliance, reducing the likelihood of human error.
Enhanced Emergency Response
AI systems can quickly detect and respond to emergency situations, such as fires or gas leaks, by analyzing sensor data and alerting the appropriate personnel.
Optimal Resource Utilization
AI can help organizations optimize resource utilization by analyzing data on energy consumption and identifying areas for improvement. This can help reduce costs and improve overall safety and health.
Data-Driven Decision Making
AI can help organizations make data-driven decisions by analyzing large amounts of data and identifying trends and patterns. This can help improve safety and health outcomes by identifying areas for improvement and making informed decisions about safety protocols.