Having crossed a major decision point on whether you need a CRM in your organization layout, the next major choice point would be to pick a right CRM package. Choosing a right package involves multiple phases each with its own weight and criteria. The evaluation involves raising and answering multiple questions from macro and micro environmental perspective, needs of your organization, technology trends and your competitor strategies.
Some of the fundamental questions would be:
1. Do I need a SaaS (Software as a Service) CRM service (like Salesforce.com) or should I host a dedicated CRM on premise.
2. What devices I would like my CRM to be portable with (like mobile, ipad, Blackberrty etc)
3. What integration options should I consider for a seamless data/workflow integration from end user perspective (like ERP/Legacy Systems/Email etc)
4. What are my reporting requirements around my CRM (like OLAP/BI integrations like Birt etc)
5. What are the departments/units that will be using the application and their level of usage?
6. User profile, pain points etc
7. What competitive edge are you planning to provide through the roll out
Though answering these questions might look simple but approaching them in a systematic manner and rating these points statistically would help you to arrive at a objective decision. To put it simply, the evaluation involves three phases:
As Is Analysis:
A) Identify the existing Business Process map
B) Identify the existing business solution map
C) Identify information distribution map
D) Document the As-is process, business solution, and information distribution map
Consolidate Pain Points:
* Conduct interviews/workshops/Use case analysis
* Identify and document pain points
Work stream Tailoring & Analysis:
* Identify work streams from solution perspective
* Establish high level WBS
* Establish high level tasks for WBS
Measurable business goals:
1) Establish ROI (Return on Investment) goals
2) Establish Process re-engineering goals
3) Establish Metrics from process and financial orientation
Identify Functional Characteristics:
1) Identify high level functional characteristics
2) Identify high level Technical characteristics
3) Prioritize characteristics: Mandatory/Nice to have
Identify & Evaluate packages
1) Create a matrix of requirements, priorities and package ratings
2) Rate packages against the requirements
3) Evaluate package from both functional and technical perspective
An abridged rating sheet:
|Software Functional Characteristics||Nice to Have||Need to Have||Product:||Product:|
|Customer Loyalty Analysis|
|Key Account Management|
|Targets vs. Realized|
|Customer Team Selling|
Optisol solutions combine unconventional methods, innovative thinking with traditional wisdom and proven professional standards and methodologies. Optisol’s main lines of business Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Solutions, Technology Outsourcing, and Professional Services are designed to meet the tactical, strategic and visionary needs of growth, market expansion, operations, service delivery, market reach, planning and forecasting. And our partnership based engagement model ensures that we work with you through every challenge. Because at Optisol, we know that even the toughest business problem has an effective, no-frills, and quick solution.
OptiSol Business Solutions provides technology-driven business solutions and services to small and medium businesses, Independent Software vendors and startup companies. Its unique partnership-based approach and creative engagement models have helped several organizations to successfully meet varied near-term and long-term business challenges.
OptiSol CRM Offerings:
1) Expertise with implementation/maintenance of Commercial and Open source based CRM solutions
2) Sugar CRM
3) MS CRM Dynamics
5) Domain expertise across verticals and business processes
6) ROI oriented implementation approach with tangible business results
7) Maintenance packages leveraging offshore capabilities with low cost and high quality
8) Support multiple development platform and third party integrations with exposure to cloud based solutions
9) Expertise on evaluating and mapping different packages
Our CRM Business Analyst and Solution Architects will analyze your existing business process and work cycle, gathers business requirements, and develops a plan for customization based on your needs.
Based on the functional specifications developed by our business analysts and architects, our development engineers will perform application customization to meet your unique business needs.
Our qualified CRM System Administrator first evaluates your IT infrastructure and creates the deployment map considering various security and integration needs.
If you currently use any CRM software like ACT or Goldmine and decide to move to Microsoft CRM, we help you with data migration from your legacy software to Microsoft CRM. We analyze the data structure in your legacy system and find the best way to import it into Microsoft CRM. We will create a conversion utility to migrate you data to CRM Dynamics
Microsoft CRM Support
If you have any problems with an existing Microsoft CRM installation, or consider upgrading your current CRM installation to another edition (e.g., you want to upgrade the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition to the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional Edition) or a version (e.g., you want to upgrade Microsoft CRM 4.0 to CRM 5.0), we provide maintenance/support and upgrade as packaged solution to meet your specific needs.