Rails is a database-agnostic MVC framework that chooses convention over configuration, which means that it's strongly opinionated, when it comes to architectural decisions, naming conventions, paths and patterns.
Rails use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture pattern to organize application programming. Ruby on Rails features several tools intended to make commonplace development tasks easier "out of the box". Rails provide scaffolding which can automatically construct some of the models and views needed for a basic website. A simple ruby web server (WEBrick) and Rake build system are also included. By including these common tools with the Rails framework, a basic development environment is in effect provided with all versions of the software.
A framework is a program, set of programs, and/or code library that writes most of application for reusability. When is framework used, programmerвЂ™s job is to write the parts of the application that make it do the specific things needed.
While writing Rails application, programmer just leave aside configuration and other housekeeping chores and he just need to perform three primary tasks
- Describe and model application's domain
- Specify what can happen in this domain
- Choose and design the publicly available views of the domain
Ruby on Rails MVC framework:
A rails is an MVC (model, view, controller) framework where Rails provides all the layers and they work together seamlessly. Other frameworks often implement only part of the solution, requiring the developer to integrate multiple frameworks into the application and then coerce them into working together
The Model View Controller principle divides the work of an application into three separate but closely cooperative subsystems
ActionView and ActionController are bundled together under ActionPack.
ActiveRecord provides a range of programming techniques and shortcuts for manipulating data from an SQL database. ActionController and ActionView provide facilities for manipulating and displaying that data.
Advantages of Ruby on Rails
Powerful and Simple
Ruby on Rails is the web development framework that questioned prior assumptions and opened up a new way to create web applications that emphasized simplicity and productivity.
Developing in Rails means:
- Less code
- Less configuration data
- Functionality development quickly
- Developing new functionality incrementally
- Integrated testing
There are three principles behind Rails:
- Don't repeat yourself!В
- Convention over configuration
- Quick turn-around time
Hire ROR Developers:
- You can directly hire ROR developers either on hourly basis or on a dedicated resource model. We can also engage on a fixed bid basis if you can share a detailed specification for the application scope.
- Time & Material (T&M) Engagement: You can hire resources on time and material basis. The resources will submit time sheets for expended effort and invoice will be raised against that. The effort will be against the estimated and agreed hours.
- В Dedicated Resource Model (Virtual team): With this model, you can hire resources as your virtual offshore team. The resources will be completely dedicated and you can manage them directly. We will provide necessary management and Quality Assurance support at free of cost. We will provide necessary infrastructure for the resources and they will be in our payroll.
- В For above two models, we will share the resource profile/resume and you can interview them before hiring.
- В Project turnkey: This will be pure project engagement where we will share the estimates based on your requirements. We will execute and deliver the project once the estimates are approved. You will own the software code and rights and we will provide our services in pure black label.